12 Books We Love
“READING IS TO THE MIND WHAT EXERCISE IS TO THE BODY.” – JOSEPH ADDISON
Chances are you read a lot, but when was the last time you sat down and read a book? More and more, our reading habits trend toward texts, emails, and social media posts and away from books. Reading long-form text not only helps us critically think about new or complex ideas, but it also helps reduce stress and increase your focus and concentration.
This makes reading a crucial component in creating the mind-body connection you need to live at your peak and in achieving the holistic lifestyle we strive for.
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
- The Obstacle is the Way by Ryan Holiday
- Deep Work by Cal Newport
- Lessons by Gisele Bündchen
- Living with a SEAL by Jesse Itzler
- 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos by Jordan B. Peterson
- Relentless by Julian Edelman
- Turning Pro by Steven Pressfield
- Lachesis’ Allotment by Diana R.A. Morris
- Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance by Angela Duckworth
- The Resilience Factor by Karen Reivich and Andrew Shatte
- The Champion’s Mind by Jim Afremow
To have a healthy body, you need a healthy mind. These books are valuable resources that address the keys to building mental toughness so that we can push through barriers while we train, both physical and mental.
Learn more about our approach to cognitive wellness here: TB12 101: Cognitive.