Our Commitment to Health
On March 18th we temporarily suspended the operations of our TB12 Performance & Recovery Centers in both Boston and Foxboro out of an abundance of caution to help slow the spread of COVID-19 and to assist the broader healthcare community at large. We immediately implemented virtual services to help existing and new clients achieve their performance and recovery goals remotely, from anywhere.
During our temporary closure, we were overwhelmed by requests from clients seeking in-person treatments to help manage their pain, rehab from injury, and achieve their overall health & wellness goals. We have now resumed select operations of both our Boston and Foxboro facilities. Currently, we are focusing on our most essential service: personal one-on-one treatment sessions with our TB12 Body Coaches for clients who need it most. Our Group Training classes are suspended. We are continuing to offer virtual services to complement our in-person treatments or for anyone anywhere who wishes to meet with a Body Coach remotely.
In preparation for reopening our facilities, we consulted with medical experts to ensure we are taking every step possible to create a safe environment for our clients and team members. These steps include:
- Implementing new processes during sessions. In addition to Body Coaches continuing to wash their hands for 20 seconds with soap and water before and after every session, we are encouraging clients to also wash their hands in the treatment room. Clients are also given the option to have their Body Coach wear gloves during their sessions.
- Intensifying cleaning procedures. We have always invested significant time and effort in maintaining the cleanliness of our facilities. Now, we are supplementing our existing robust cleaning measures with a daily deep cleaning of the turf, more frequent disinfecting of all surfaces throughout the day, and the addition of disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer stations throughout the facilities. We have also removed all unnecessary reading material and other items that multiple people touch.
- Implementing new safety protocols. For the foreseeable future, all team members will wear masks at all times while in the facility and we encourage clients to wear masks — which we provide free of charge.
- Limiting facility occupancy. All non-essential personnel (including Body Coaches before their first client of the day and after their last client) are being asked to work remotely.
- Implementing illness checks for team members and clients. All TB12 team members are adhering to a strict daily illness screening process. If a team member shows any signs of illness or has been around anyone who is ill, they are asked to stay home. Similarly, we ask all clients who are ill or have been around anyone who is ill to reschedule their appointments for a later date.
This is a rapidly evolving situation, and we will be monitoring guidance from state and local governments to assist in ensuring we are operating safely and responsibly. During this period we will continue to offer Virtual Performance & Recovery Workouts to existing clients & new clients, and will continue to offer virtual sessions to healthcare workers across the United States who are assisting with the COVID-19 effort. Our website and online store are also open 24/7 at TB12sports.com. We look forward to seeing you soon in our facilities, or virtually.
Stay healthy and keep going!