CHANCES ARE you read a lot, but when was the last time you sat down and read a book? More and more, our reading habits trend toward texts, emails, and social media posts and away from books. Reading long-form text not only helps us think critically about new or complex ideas, but it also helps reduce stress and can increase your focus and concentration. This makes reading a crucial component of a performance lifestyle and doing what you love better and for longer!
Our Favorite Books:
Here are 12 of our favorite books to help exercise your mind.
- “The Four Agreements” by Don Miguel Ruiz
- “Lessons: My Path to a Meaningful Life” by Gisele Bündchen
- “The Obstacle is the Way” by Ryan Holiday
- “The Inner Game of Tennis” by Timothy Gallwey
- “Living with a SEAL” by Jesse Itzler
- “Lifespan: Why We Age—And Why We Don't Have To” by David Sinclair
- ”PhD, Relentless” by Julian Edelman
- “Turning Pro” by Steven Pressfield
- “Lachesis’ Allotment” by Diana R.A. Morris
- “Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance” by Angela Duckworth
- “The Resilience Factor” by Karen Reivich and Andrew Shatte
- “The Champion’s Mind” by Jim Afremow
Make exercising your mind part of a comprehensive approach to life and performance. And don’t forget your copy of New York Times ® Best-Seller The TB12 Method.