Eating a plant-based diet is not only good for you but for mother earth as well. Personally, the food helps your gut health, reduces inflammation, and leaves you with more energy. For the environment, it helps to decrease greenhouse gasses, preserve water, and reduce your carbon footprint. So it’s truly a win-win!
Just because you’re eating plant-based, doesn’t mean you need to sacrifice delicious meals. Here are some easy swap outs for your favorite dishes:
Swap Mayo with Hummus or Guac
Sauces and condiments can often get overlooked when trying to eat a healthier, plant-based diet. Instead of adding mayo to sandwiches, tacos, or bowls, try hummus or guac instead! It adds delicious flavor and texture to any dish.
- Swap Buffalo Chicken for Buffalo Cauliflower
Add a little spice into your life with these buffalo cauliflower florets. They only take 15 minutes to make and are the perfect snack or appetizer! See recipe below!
Swap Caesar Salad with TB12 Caesar salad
It is easy to build healthy eating habits when you are consuming food you actually enjoy! Spice up your next salad or bowl with our TB12 Caesar Dressing. While most Caesar dressing is dense and not vegetarian, ours uses cashews and spices to achieve the same creaminess without the negative effects.
Swap Burger with Veggie Burger
Veggie Burgers are a great way to indulge at the BBQ without the meat. There are tons of great plant-based burger recipes out there, such as Fit Men Cook's Black Bean Burger. Try swapping the bun for lettuce for an extra health kick.
Swap Chicken Nuggets with Tuggets
There’s nothing like that childhood sensation of biting into a crispy, fresh-out-the-fryer chicken nugget. But what if we told you you could relive that sensation in a way that's better for you and the environment? These Asian-inspired tofu nuggets (tuggets) pack the flavor and crunch your favorite dino nugget could only dream of. See recipe below!
Swap Milkshake with Plant-Based Shake
Don’t skip dessert — just swap it for a delicious plant-based protein shake! Our delicious protein tastes just like an indulgent shake from your childhood.
Swap Mac and Cheese with Vegan Mac and Cheese
Everyone loves Mac & Cheese, and now you can enjoy this vegan, plant-based mac & cheese when you’re craving some comfort food. Kid approved. See recipe below!
- 1 14oz package of tofu patted dry
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- 1 tsp sesami oil
- 1” piece of ginger finely grated
- 2 tbsp chili oil
- 2 cups Japanese panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Wrap tofu in cloth and gently pat dry to release moisture.
- Cut tofu into 2” rectangles.
- Mix coconut aminos, sesame oil, chili oil, and ginger into a bowl.
- Toss tofu into mixture and let marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- Combine panko breadcrumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika in bowl.
- Add tofu to breadcrumb mixture and completely cover each piece.
- Set air fryer to 370 degrees.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes depending on preferred level of crispiness.
- ½ head cauliflower
- ½ cup buffalo sauce
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Cut cauliflower into florets. In separate bowl combine the other ingredients to form a sauce. Toss cauliflower in sauce until fully coated.
- Lightly grease your air fryer basket or rack. Arrange cauliflower in a single layer. Cook at 375°F for 12 to 16 minutes, or until fork tender. Cook batches until you’re out of cauliflower.
VEGAN MAC & CHEESE RECIPE
- 2 cups plant-based milk
- 1 tablespoon plant-based butter
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Boil lentil pasta of choice according to package directions. Drain, rinse and set aside for later.
- Melt plant-based butter in a pan until slightly brown
- Add flour and starch and whisk to combine
- Slowly incorporate the milk until combined
- Turn on heat to medium-low stirring frequently until it boils. Then stir constantly for about 30 seconds.
- Add in salt, nutritional yeast, and spices
- Mix the drained lentil pasta with the vegan cheese sauce.
- Stir well and serve hot.