Eating a light snack that combines protein and carbs is a great way to promote a restful night of sleep. This delicious recipe from our friends at Simple Green Smoothies is the perfect post-dinner drink to help your body begin to wind down and prepare for sound sleep. This healthy, calming green smoothie is loaded with nutrients that will help keep your body fueled up overnight while promoting restoration and recovery through deep sleep.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1/4 cup uncooked old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 cup brewed chamomile tea (cooled)
- 1/2 cup tart cherry juice (or more tea)
- 1 large banana (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 scoop TB12 Vanilla Plant-Based Protein
Place the uncooked oats in a blender and blend until finely ground. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend together until smooth!